1. Know the trends’ color-to-die-for. First and foremost, check out every gal’s favorite trend setter. Of course, you don’t want to be excluded in what’s hot and what’s not during any fashionable season. If you’re the type of gal who has to keep pace with today’s erratic fashion trend then it is best to check out what’s in for today.
2. Know what you want. If you hate blending with the crowd, you can go as wild as you can get with deviant hair colors. Of course, you don’t want to make a fool of yourself by choosing a terrible hair color. Remember, your hair color should resemble your character. You can dye your hair green if you’re the rebel type, or go subtle with soft honey if you’re the petite kind.
3. If you’re the petite kind. If you want to dye your hair but are afraid to what it might turn out to be, then go for semi-permanent hair dye. Never go for permanent unless you’re sure it’s the perfect hair color.
4. How to know what’s best for you. Sit in front of a mirror, remove all your makeup, and cover your hair with a plain white towel. If your face looks red or pinkish, you have cool undertones. If your face resembles gold or olive, you have a warm skin tone. If you have reddish and olive skin tone combined, justify it as neutral.
5. Highlights for your mane. The best way to pick out a fab highlight is to gaze on your eyes. If you have blue eyes or brown with no flecks, pick out cool tones. If you see a hint of gold or amber, settle for warm tones.
6. If you have a neutral skin tone. Having a neutral skin tone means you have the best of both worlds. You can pick out any color you want, because your skin color will complement your hair color.
7. If you have a warm skin tone. Go for gold and red colors – these are the colors that will best compliment your skin to give you a healthy and natural glow.
8. When you’re blonde. If you have a warm skin tone, go for honey, strawberry, and copper colors. Brunettes with a warm skin tone can go for chestnut and mahogany shades.
9. If you have a cool skin tone. One piece of advice if you have cool undertones: never go for reds unless you want to look flushed all over. Choose neutral colors like beige or champagne.
10. When you’re brunette. If you’re a brunette with a cool undertone you can go for espresso colors or chocolate hues. Go subtle.