1. Castor oil is one of the most ancient yet effective oils there is – up to now. It has powerful properties that are surely therapeutic. Castor oil is derived from the beans of a castor plant, processed and made into a liquid blend.
2. Castor oil is good for the body. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects. It has been used for centuries and it scores high in unsaturated fatty acids. Castor oil is good for the skin, and is rampantly used as a potent ingredient in most shampoos, cosmetics, beauty products, and much more.
3. Remedy for arthritis. Arthritis is much described as joint pain whether it might be osteoarthritis or gouty arthritis. Castor oil works best as a soothing and relaxing massage oil. Of course it has anti-inflammatory properties which might actually be helpful to soothe the sores of arthritis.
4. Remedy for constipation. Castor oil is one of the most commonly used laxative in the medical world. A simple teaspoon of castor oil can help relieve constipation and causes immediate bowel movement.
5. Remedy for ringworms. Castor oil has potent compounds such as undecylenic acid to treat fungal infection. To treat ringworm, simply combine 2 teaspoon of castor oil and 4 teaspoon of coconut oil. Apply to area and keep it overnight. Repeat the procedure until affected area is healed.
6. Remedy for skin problems. Likewise with the treatment for ringworm, castor oil is helpful to treat skin problems.
7. Remedy for wrinkles and acne. Castor oil might just beat retinol products. Castor oil has healing properties and rejuvenating factors to erase wrinkles and fade out acne scars. To cure acne, simply wash face and massage with castor oil.
8. Thicken brows and eyelashes. Although there has been no proven data to support castor oil in hair regrowth but it has promising effects to create an illusion of thick eyebrows and eyelashes. Castor oil has a super thick consistency, and sticks like adhesive glue which can cause the illusion of thickened eyebrows and eyelashes.
9. Remove corns. Castor oil scores high in fat content which can easily soften even the toughest form of corn or callus. To apply, simply massage on to the heels of the feet and wear cotton socks to keep the oil in.
10. Remedy for stretch marks. As mentioned, castor oil is rich in fatty acids which can be helpful in combating stretch marks. Simply apply the oil and massage gently onto abdomen. Consult doctor first before applying or ingesting castor oil as remedy to constipation.