How much is laser resurfacing for acne scars? Before this procedure was made available in the market, teens and young adults often turn to the magic of salicylic acid and tretinoin to heal such skin condition. However, with the use of salicylic acid, it will take a few months to years to fully eradicate acne. With the use of tretinoin, on the other hand, it will take a few months of skin redness and peeling before one can obtain a flawless face. Now, what is laser resurfacing? How is the procedure done? How much is the said procedure? What is another laser skin treatment for acne scars? Here are seven facts about the question: how much is laser resurfacing for acne scars?
1. Laser resurfacing, for starters, is also known as microdermabrasion. It is a procedure that involves a machine-assisted exfoliation of the skin. This procedure is classified together with dermabrasion and chemical peel or diamond peel.
2. What problems can laser resurfacing address? Apart from acne scars, microdermabrasion can relieve the early signs of skin aging, sun damage, age spots, wrinkles, large pores, acne, and even hard-to-remove scars. Microdermabrasion is not only limited to the face, but it can be also done to the neck, chest, back, and other areas where skin conditions usually thrive.
3. Other terms of microdermabrasion is laser resurfacing, Parisian peel, and sometimes diamond peel. There’s nothing to worry about if you plan to undergo such procedure. You will not experience any pain or discomfort, the procedure is completely non-invasive.
4. For the procedure, your doctor will use an abrasive tip or crystals to cleanse your skin as well as vacuum suction to remove deeply settled dirt, oil, and makeup on pores. The procedure aims to remove the topmost layer of your skin. It is a good form of exfoliation with added chemicals to increase cellular turnover.
5. The procedure lasts from 5 to 30 minutes. However, the procedure must be repeated around 2 to 4 weeks for optimum results.
6. It is important that you refrain from sun exposure after treatment. It takes about 30 days for the skin to recuperate to it is best to put on a large amount of sunblock and moisturizing cream while your skin is still healing from the procedure.
7. As to the price, you may prepare around $100 to $250 for the procedure. It may be a bit costly but you are assures that the results are priceless. A session may cost $100 but you may talk to your physician to get discounts. There is also a new kind of dermabrasion using laser therapy. However, laser peels cost around $2,500. Prior to settling for laser peels, you may want to try a cheaper fix with microdermabrasion. This is the answer to the question: how much is laser resurfacing for acne scars.
Incoming search keyphrases: is Laser Resurfacing for Acne Scars expensive, does Laser Resurfacing really effective for Acne Scars, Laser Resurfacing for Acne Scars cost, Laser Resurfacing for Acne Scars treatment cost, laser skin treatment for acne scars