How much does sclerotherapy for spider veins cost? When it comes to spider veins and varicose veins, there’s no better cure than undergo sclerotherapy. Sclerotherapy involves injecting a sclerosant – or a special solution – into the affected vein. This causes scarring in the area and, eventually, removal of spider vein or varicose vein. Since this is a special treatment involving the expertise of a physician, the procedure might cost more than expected. When it comes to sclerotherapy costs for treatments, here are top facts on the question: how much does sclerotherapy for spider veins cost?
1. When the regular veins in the peripheral areas of the body become occluded, the result may either be a varicose vein or a spider vein.
2. There are two options for the removal of spider vein. These are sclerotherapy and laser vein treatment. However, most doctors often recommend the former than the latter.
3. When preparing your budget for the procedure, you have to include some budget for pre-procedure assessment. You need to consult a physician for the diagnosis of spider veins first. You also need to undergo blood work and other laboratories that your physician may deem fit for you.
4. Your physician will also ask you series of questions. It is very important to tell your physician if you are taking oral contraceptives or if you’ve had a previous stroke.
5. When it comes to costs, prices in the United States vary from $300 to $350. However, be reminded that the cost is only limited to all the veins in both your legs and ankles and only covers for every session of sclerotherapy. Some women might be prescribed with two or more sessions – so it is important to ask your physician on: 1.) number of sessions you need to have; 2.) the extent of spider veins that are eligible to be removed; 3.) discounts you may possibly have.
6. A certain clinic in Virginia offers $300 for the first two sessions and drops it down to $150 for the next sessions. Locally, in the Philippines, prices vary from P2, 000 to P4, 000.
7. In conclusion, you need to prepare budget for: 1.) consultation with a physician; 2.) pre-procedure assessment including blood tests, laboratories, 3.) the procedure, 4.) succeeding procedures, and 5.) follow-up check up with the physician. These are all the answers to the question: how much does sclerotherapy for spider veins cost?
Incoming search keyphrases:
vein treatment cost
spider vein removal cost
cost to remove varicose veins
varicose veins treatment cost
sclerotherapy costs for treatments