The human mouth is considered as one of the most sensitive parts of the human body but have you ever wondered what specific vitamin deficiency causes cracks in the corner of our mouth? You may have a healthy diet but sometimes, you may tend to miss out a few vitamins and minerals which are essential in maintaining a healthy mouth. If you are to ask what vitamin deficiency causes cracks in the corner of our mouth? The answer is: Riboflavin or simply known as Vitamin B2. Not many people are aware of this scenario for Vitamin B2 deficiency is very uncommon especially in the United States. For most oral health experts, they believe that the lack of recommended dosage of Vitamin B2 is one of the reasons why some people develop cracks or even redness in the corners of their mouths. Below are some helpful facts about Vitamin B2 deficiency and tips on how to get rid of cracks in the corner of your mouth:
What Vitamin Deficiency Causes Cracks in Corner of Mouth? Facts 1-3
1. Riboflavin or Vitamin B2 is found in dairy foods as well as other foods. However, not all Vitamin B2-containing foods have the same amount of recommended dosage which can lead to deficiency.
2. One simple way to get rid of cracks and redness in the corner of our moth is obviously increase our dosage of Vitamin B2 by eating more foods which contain it.
3. Riboflavin acts as the moisturizer in our mouth. Not getting enough of it leads to drying of our mouth which leads to developing cracks at the corner. Additionally, Riboflavin helps with the growth and production of red blood cells throughout our body.
What Vitamin Deficiency Causes Cracks in Corner of Mouth? Facts 4-7
4. Although there are no diseases that are connected to the deficiency of Riboflavin, it creates inflammation to the membranes within our skin, our mouth and even our eyes. And when there is an inflammation, it can lead to more complications especially if patients don’t take precautionary measures.
5. To increase your dosage of Riboflavin, you must have an increased rate of foods which are rich in Vitamin B2 and other B vitamins which are helpful in our oral health.
6. As mentioned above, Riboflavin can also be found in other foods aside from dairy products. To get rid of cracks in our mouth and prevent them from reoccurring, patients are advised to eat variety of foods and take the recommended food supplements.
7. Take good care of your mouth. Taking high dosage of Riboflavin is useless if you don’t take care of your mouth.
Now that you know what vitamin deficiency causes cracks in the corner of our mouth, taking care of your mouth is a perfect way to prevent having those cracks in your mouth’s corners. The solution is real simple. Follow what the oral health experts say and maintain a good diet which includes a high intake of Riboflavin.
Incoming search keyphrases:
what vitamin deficiency causes cracks in the corners of your mouth
how to get rid of cracks in corner of mouth