1. Regular Updo. Of course, in the explosion of colors and hues, there’s a point where everything meets in the middle. Now, what color to choose for your hair? That basically depends on your attitude. If you’re a risk taker then you might want to try daring. However, if you’re the safe-keeping kind, it’s best to listen to these tips. First and foremost, remove all makeup, look at yourself in the mirror, cover you hair with a white towel. Now, look at your face. If it’s pinkish to reddish in nature, you have cool undertones. If your skin is olive or gold, you have warm undertones. If you have the best of the both worlds, then you have a neutral skin tone.
2. Safe highlights. Now, look at your eyes – the windows of your soul. If your eyes are blue or browns with no flecks, then its best to go for a color fitted for those with cool skin tones. If your eyes have flecks of amber or gold, then go for warm undertones.
3. Neutral skin tones. For the neutral kind, pick a shade – your chosen shade. You can go lighter or darker to match the seasons. For a cheat sheet, check out a popular celebrity with whom you have so much in common with – like skin color, eye color, and hair color. You may copy or just base it as inspiration.
4. Warm skin tones. Gold and red works best for you. If you don’t want to go for something like Nikki Minaj, you can tone it down a bit. If you’re blonde, you can go for honey, strawberry shades, and copper. Those with darker skin can go for mahogany or chestnut. Go darker to compliment your skin tone.
5. Cool skin tones. If you have a cool skin tone, whatever you do, don’t go for gold or red. You’d look like a bad example of an extreme strawberry emblem if you do that. You need to put a little contrast in between your skin and your hair color. Since your skin is already pinkish, don’t go for more emphasizing colors. Tone it down with chocolate or warm espresso for brunettes. Choose beige or champagne for blondes.
6. Safety in choosing. If you love experimenting with extravagant colors otherwise suggested by the norms, choose safety by purchasing semi-permanent hair dyes. Once you like the color then go for permanent.
7. Conclusion. It’s best to choose the color you want and these tips will help you settle on the color that’s best for you.