1. Myth busters have proven that castor oil has no direct contribution to hair growth except that is causes an illusion of thick hair because of its adhesive and thick consistency. However with another type of castor oil such as Jamaican oil, there is still space to explore the endless possibilities for promoting hair growth.
2. Jamaican oil works for all types of hair. Jamaican castor oil can moisturize, strengthen, and thicken hair. How can Jamaican oil increase hair growth? It helps thicken hair by moisturizing and increasing blood flow to the scalp.
3. Once blood flow is supported, nutrients will be able to easily penetrate deep into the pores and into the hair follicles. Well-nourished hair follicles are thicker, healthier, and stronger.
4. When it comes to roots, Jamaican castor oil has crossed over to ethnic groups and has widely spread throughout the continents. Jamaican castor oil has been rampantly used as a thickening agent to thicken eyelashes and eyebrows.
5. Jamaican castor oil is also useful in treating dandruff and brittle hair. As said, well-nourished hair are stronger and thicker. On the other hand, the emollient consistency of Jamaican castor oil helps lock in moisture and hydrate the hair – thus eliminating dandruff.
6. Jamaican castor oil is also effective in treating eczema and dry skin. The thick consistency of the oil helps lock moisture in to hydrate the skin. This particular type of oil has been proven by millions as an effective moisturizer to treat dry skin and dry scalp. It has also been proven that Jamaican castor oil is far more superior to ordinary pharma castor oil. This is due to the higher ash content of Jamaican oil compared to ordinary castor oil.
7. When it comes to your crowning glory, here are the following conditions that Jamaican oil can easily treat: dry hair, brittle strands, dandruff, hair breakage, itchy scalp, thinning hair, baldness, alopecia, traction alopecia, eczema, and bald spots. It is also advised that frequent scalp massage is effective in stimulating hair growth.
8. Jamaican castor oil is best used by massaging it deep into the scalp.
9. In terms of the content in Jamaican castor oil, the said product is termed in its scientific name Ricinus Communis and is made from the beans of the castor plant. It is sulphate-free and is guaranteed organic.