What is the best home remedy for chapped lips? If you’ve been out in the sun for too long and your lips doubled in size and start to chap, what can be the best emergency remedy?
Chapped lips result from severe skin dryness. What are the factors that can cause skin dryness? Dehydration is one common factor. Frequent exposure to harmful sunlight is also another. There are many complications related to chapped lips. One, you might injure your lips. Two, bacteria or other organism can easily invade the open sores in your lips. Three, you can find eating a discomfort since the sores might hurt. Four, chapped lips are simply ugly. Chapped lips may either signify that you’re not taking care of yourself or you’re just too unhealthy enough to look beautiful. Either way, you must learn the home remedies for dry and chapped lips. Here are top five best home remedy for chapped lips.
1. Coconut oil. Coconut oil is one of the most accessible household products there is – unless you use cooking oil for that matter. Coconut oil has healing properties that can help relieve the dryness in your lips. Coconut oil has MCFA’s that can easily penetrate skin. The product is a good emollient that can help lock in moisture in the lips. It also has vitamin E to help with the proliferation of healthy cells.
2. Cucumber. Apart from soothing your eyes and removing eye bags, cucumber can help hydrate chapped lips. Ninety percent of cucumber contains water. Moreover, it also scores high in ascorbic acid and caffeic acid. Both of which are healthy for skin. Ascorbic acid helps the build-up of collagen and caffeic acid is an antioxidant that frees the skin of free radicals.
3. Mango butter. Mango contains a lot of oleic acid and stearic acid to return the lost moisture in your lips.
4. Aloe. What can be more hydrating than aloe gel? Aloe has been used from skin moisturizing, relief of burns, to other internal ailments. Aloe gel not only has oleic acid and stearic acid but it also has hygroscopic properties as well as humectant abilities to return moisture to lips.
5. Sebum. Sebum can probably be the cheapest most available remedy for chapped lips. Wondering how to apply such substance? Simply rub your finger along the corners of your nose. The oily substance is also called as sebum. You can then rub the oil in your lips. These are the top five in terms of best home remedy for chapped lips.