When it comes to aromatherapy, rosehip oil will refresh you and keep you calm throughout your aroma session. However, what does it smell like?
Does rosehip oil smell like roses? Other people said that rosehip oil smells like fish. Some people say it smells nice while a small fraction says otherwise. What is the truth anyway? Rosehip oil has given its users the soothing therapy it needs. When it comes to smell, usage, and rosehip seed oil benefits for skin, here are top ten facts:
1. Rosehip oil is a good source of vitamin E as well as vitamin A. Vitamin A, together with retinol and its complex compounds, is a well-known vitamin for the skin.
2. Rosehip, as it has vitamin A, has retinol as well as trans-retinoic acid. In the world of cosmetics and skin care products, retinol has dominated the market as the most effective anti-wrinkle, anti-acne, and anti-aging product there is.
3. Retin-a, meanwhile, is a product of vitamin A. Retin –a is a miracle cure for acne as it is known through its other popular medical name tretinoin.
4. Now, what’s the catch when it comes to rosehip oil? Rosehip oil has been regularly compared to Retin-a. Rosehip oil is really good.
5. A deluge of researches has been made and it was found out that rosehip oil has equated the benefits that retin-a gives. The substances and chemicals seen in Retin-a is also seen in rosehip oil.
6. Now, how does rosehip smell like? Generally, it depends on the product you’re holding on to. There are processed rosehip oil that may contain added other aromas or other essential oil.
7. When it comes to all-natural, rosehip doesn’t smell like rose at all although the name is highly suggestive of it.
8. When it comes to smell, the scent resembles the smell of coffee. Some say rosehip has an earthy smell.
9.There are two kinds of oil from rose. One is rose oil made from the petals of rose flower and the other one is rosehip oil made from the fruit itself.
10. If you’re looking for the conventional rosey smell, you may opt for rose oil. However, rosehip oil does not have that rosey smell.