Looking for the best chemical peel which you can use at home to improve the appearance of your acne scars? Here are the top five products!
What is the best at home chemical peel for acne scars? A chemical peel at a dermatologists’ clinic can cost you much money. However, at home versions can be equally effective.
What is the best at home chemical peel for acne scars? When it comes to the procedure “chemical peel”, it is the application of a special solution to the skin – particularly the face – and giving the solution time to settle in. After the solution has penetrated deep into skin, it is then removed together with the topmost layer of the skin. This procedure forces the skin for cellular turnover, healing, and proliferation of whiter, fairer, and flawless new skin. This procedure is usually done in a doctor’s clinic because the new layer of the skin must be protected and treated – and hidden from the sun through SPF 30+ sunblock. In today’s time, however, this procedure has been made available for home use. How to do a chemical peel at home? Here is the best at home chemical peel for acne scars.
5. Glycolic Acid. Glycolic acid comes from fruit acids and has been known as a safe at-home chemical peel. However, one must obtain a concentration below 10 percent since strong solution can be harmful for skin. This product is easily applied on skin with a sponge then later rinsed. In a matter of days, the skin will peel.
4. Alpha-hydroxy (AHA). This product is also a fruit acid. However, this peel employs the wonders of salicylic, lactic, as well as citric acid to provide stronger concentrations to your peel. With this product, it might take 10 days for recovery.
3. Phenol. Chemical peels might cause you some discomfort at first. You’ll experience redness, scabs, and flakes. It might take a week for recovery but you’ll soon reap the fruits of your labor.
2. Trichloracetic. This peel gives the right amount of peel – without intense discomfort. Although this peel may take longer than the other peels but it is as effective as the others. This peel also works well with removing warts, wrinkles, as well as lightening the skin tone.
1. Lactic Acid. This product employs the effective combination of kojic acid and bearberry extract which works well for discolorations, wrinkles, and other skin conditions. Bearberry extract as well as licorice extract helps the skin go a notch higher in terms of color. Kojic acid, on the other hand, relieves the skin of free radicals and works as a safe version of hydroquinone. This, by far, is the best at home chemical peel for acne scars.