What to do for dry cracked hands? Laundry detergents are often harsh because it deals with hard fabric. Your hands, of course, need gentle substances to clean it. If you love immersing your hands in liquid detergent or you seldom use a dishwasher, a washing machine or any cleansing machine, you need to have an emergency kit that will alleviate and heal your cracked hands. What is the best treatment for dry cracked hands? Here are seven tips on what to do for dry cracked hands.
1. Go to your local doctor. Thing is, too much contact with harsh chemicals can cause your skin to dry out. Often times, opportunistic bacteria thrive on such dry surfaces, since it is also a gateway to infect your inner system. The skin is your first line of protective barrier that keeps foreign substances from entering.
2. It is important to consult a doctor as cracked skin may be a sign of prolonged skin dryness or it may be a symptom of eczema, psoriasis, or worst, a fungal infection. It is best to rule such conditions first before attempting to resolve the problem on your own.
3. With the doctor’s permission, you can use hydrocortisone – to stop inflammation – and an antibiotic as prophylaxis to bacterial invasion. Such medication can reverse cracked skin.
4. Use a cotton glove to retain all the moisture in. Sometimes, sun exposure or chemical exposure can cause skin to lose vital oils and moisture. Wearing a cotton glove can retain all the needed moisture in.
5. Use mild soap and intensive moisturizers. It is important to rehydrate your skin with intensive moisturizers. It is also important to switch to soaps that are mild and hypoallergenic. You may also opt for soaps that don’t form soapsuds because the sodium lauryl in regular soap can cause skin drying. Dove soap or cetaphil are best find when it comes to mild soap.
6. Put on a moisturizing lotion. After you do that, avoid wetting your hands. Don’t wash your hands often – unless necessary. Avoid using rubbing alcohol either. Alcohol can say away moisture in the skin.
7. Finally, it is important to preserve the moisture in your skin. Put on sunscreen whenever you plan to go out. Establish a regimen wherein you can apply lotion, moisturizer, and sunscreen. Lastly, it’s about time you use your dishwasher and washing machine. These are simple tips on what to do for dry cracked hands.
Incoming search keyphrases: what to do for very dry cracked hands, what to use for dry cracked hands, what to do for severely dry cracked hands, what to do for extremely dry cracked hands, what to do for dry cracked and bleeding hands,