How to get rid of yellow nails from using nail polish? The main objective of using nail polish is to put colours into one’s plain and boring nails. Nail polish is applicable to the nails in both the hands and the feet.
How to get rid of yellow nails from nail polish? Nails have the tendency to turn yellowish when nail polish has been staying in your nails in a quite long period of time . Below are some tips on how to avoid yellow nails caused by nail polish and some additional facts about nail polish and its dangers:
1. Regularly clean your nails and replace your nail polish more than often. As mentioned above, yellowish nails are mainly caused by nail polish which has been in the nails for a long time.
2. Whitening toothpaste is also a good remedy for yellowish nails. Just apply the toothpaste into the nails, let it stay for about 5 to 10 minutes and rinse it well afterwards.
3. Vinegar can also lessen the yellowish effects on the nails. Just mix a couple of teaspoons of vinegar in a cup of water and dip your fingers. Rinse it well after.
4. A mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide is also a recommended remedy. Just mix both components in a bowl until the mixture becomes a paste. Apply the paste in your fingers and leave it for a few minutes.
5. Never use acetone as a remedy for yellow nails. Even though acetone is proven to be good in removing nail polish, it’s also proven to be dangerous and damaging to the nails.
6. If you are not comfortable in dipping your fingers into these mixtures, you can still apply them by using a clean cotton swab.
7. The best way to avoid getting yellow nails is to prevent or limit the use of shiny nail polish. The shinier the nail polish is, the higher the risk of one developing yellowish nails.
Now that you know how to get rid of yellow nails from nail polish, take actions and act wisely. Nail polish is good but it also has negative effects to one’s skin, specifically in the nails.