Is salicylic acid bad for your skin? If you love flawless skin and hate acne, salicylic acid is the answer. The chemical is primarily used to treat acne. However, what are the things you need to know about salicylic acid? Is it safe to use? What does salicylic acid do to your skin? Does salicylic acid dry out your skin? Here are ten straight facts from the experts themselves on the question: is salicylic acid bad for your skin?
Is Salicylic Acid Bad for Your Skin? Interesting Facts 1-3
1. Salicylic acid is your all-in-one anti-inflammatory/ antiseptic acne medication of choice. It simply soothes pimple inflammation while cleansing out skin.
2. Bacteria are the root cause of breakouts and acne formation. Salicylic contains germicidal properties that can kill P. acnes bacteria and restore the normal balance of skin.
3. Salicylic acid is oil soluble. What is the difference between oil soluble and water soluble? Water soluble chemicals easily get washed out. Pores are often riddled with sebum, an oily substance secreted by skin. With oil-soluble chemicals like salicylic acid, it is easy to penetrate pores, eliminate bacteria, and improve overall skin condition.
Is Salicylic Acid Bad for Your Skin? Interesting Facts 4-7
4. Is salicylic acid bad for your skin? When it comes to downside, salicylic acid might just be very drying to skin. Remember that it is oil-soluble and it can remove away certain essential oils from the skin.
5.Since salicylic acid can be drying, it is important to supplement your skin with a reliable non-comedinic moisturizer to help alleviate dryness in your skin. Cetaphil is one of the trusted brands when it comes to moisturizing.
6. Moreover, Salicylic/20 comes in specifically designed roll-on applicators to make application easy. With proper use, you may be able to eliminate unwanted zits while keeping your skin’s moisture.
7. Lactic acid is also a good appendage to your salicylic regimen. Lactic acid helps stabilize the skin’s natural pH plus it hydrates the skin. Alternate using lactic acid and salicylic acid application at least 3 to 4 days apart. The combo would help you do the job.
Is Salicylic Acid Bad for Your Skin? Interesting Facts 8-10
8. When using chemical peels, expect a tingling sensation on your skin after application. This is normal. Although the tingling might accompany some redness but this is all part of the effects of medication.
9. How often should salicylic acid be used? The answer depends on the condition of your skin. For those with relatively few skin issues, or those who only wish to brighten their skin tone, use salicylic acid at least once every 7 to days. For those with existing problems, use once every other day or every 2 days.
10. Salicylic is helpful when used correctly and applied as indicated. It may cause dryness, redness and tingling but it is all part of its therapeutic effect. Is salicylic bad for your skin? No if you only use it properly.
Incoming search keyphrases:
what does salicylic acid do to your skin
does salicylic acid dry out your skin
Is salicylic good or bad for your skin
is salicylic acid good for acne
is salicylic acid good for acne
is salicylic acid good for blackheads
is salicylic acid good for rosacea