What are alpha arbutin side effects? Is alpha arbutin safe for use? Before alpha arbutin, there was kojic acid. Before kojic acid, there was hydroquinone. Hydroquinone was a miracle ingredient. It whitens skin and makes it stay that way – permanently. Hydroquinone has been rampantly used in bleaching creams and other skin whitening products. However, one day, the FDA banned it together with products that contain hydroquinone. Why the sudden change of events? It was found out that hydroquinone has cancer causing ingredients as well as being hepatotoxic and nephrotoxic. What about alpha arbutin for skin whitening? What are alpha arbutin benefits? Is alpha arbutin effective for skin lightening? Here are the shocking alpha arbutin side effects.
Side Effects of Alpha Arbutin: Facts 1- 5
1. Alpha arbutin comes from an evergreen bush known as bearberry.
2. Hydroquinone is way superior compared to alpha arbutin. Hydroquinone works by killing the cells that produces pigmentation or melanin, meanwhile, the latter works by inhibiting enzymes that stimulate pigment-producing cells.
3. Doctors recommend using products that does not contain more than 2 to 4 percent of alpha arbutin. As experts always say, use moderately.
4. The pH level of alpha arbutin is around 3.5 to 6.5 making it a couple of notches higher than most skin whitening brands.
5. Doctors recommend a combination of ingredients such as alpha arbutin, kojic acid, and hydroxides to heighten the desired effects.
Side Effects of Alpha Arbutin: Facts 6 – 10
6. When looking for a product that scores high in alpha arbutin, nothing works better than Meladerm. The Civant Skin Care product is one of the industry’s top quality products dedicated in skin whitening.
7. Meladerm contains 2 percent concentration of alpha arbutin and a few dose of other ingredients such as kojic acid and hydroxides. Moreover, it does not contain any hydroquinone or parabens.
8. According to another study, as well as the shocking alpha arbutin side effects, the chemical can actually mimic the effects of hydroquinone. Alpha arbutin may appear safer but the direct breakdown of it yields hydroquinone.
9. Some see alpha arbutin as a watered down version of hydroquinone. There’s a huge disparity and a cascade of beliefs when it comes to alpha arbutin.
10. Some are saying that alpha arbutin is safe yet some are saying otherwise. According to one study, users of alpha arbutin suffered no side effects whatsoever and achieved whiter and flawless looking skin. Alpha arbutin may be a product caught between hydroquinone and lesser effective ingredients such as kojic and hydroxides but its safety label is still in question. What are alpha arbutin side effects? Is it safe? Nevertheless, let the public judge.