Can hydrogen peroxide lighten skin? What do most people know about hydrogen peroxide is that it can only be used in the treatment and cleansing of wounds. Moreover, it is also used in maintaining teeth and oral health, cleaning food products, and treating of minor cuts, wounds and burns. However, what most people don’t know is that hydrogen peroxide can be used as sterilizer for skin whitening. Can hydrogen peroxide lighten skin? Here are 10 important facts you need to know about hydrogen peroxide and what it can do to the skin.
1. Although hydrogen peroxide is popularly known as a potent antiseptic but it is widely used as a skin whitener. Hydrogen peroxide can be seen in various names such as creams, lotions, fade creams and lighteners. Simply read the label of your favourite whitening cream and you can see hydrogen peroxide as one of its ingredients.
2. There is a distinct advisory when using hydrogen peroxide, use with necessary precautions and the chemical can prove wonders especially in procuring lighter skin.
3. Can hydrogen peroxide lighten skin? Hydrogen peroxide eliminates skin discoloration, age spots, blemishes, and scars. Most bleach formulas include hydrogen peroxide in its mixture. While other types of bleach opt for natural ingredients, fast acting bleach uses hydrogen peroxide.
4. Some potent and effective whitening creams employ the abilities of hydrogen peroxide. The chemical has a high oxygen content which can kill bacteria, eliminate it from the pores and lighten skin overall. Bacteria in the skin is bad, some opportunistic bacteria dig deep into the pores and replicate. When this happens primary and secondary barriers act to remove such thriving bacteria. The battle causes the emergence of white blood cells causing pus cells in the epidermal layer. The result is a new pimple.
5. When bacteria are killed by the body’s defences, pimples often fade away. However affected skin cells die away and cause hyperpigmentation and scars. These are hard to remove and it takes the skin a really long time to heal itself. Can hydrogen peroxide lighten skin? With hydrogen peroxide bacteria are killed before it damages any skin cell.
6. As mentioned, precautionary measures must be observed before using hydrogen peroxide. Can hydrogen peroxide lighten skin? First and foremost, assess your skin for hypersensitivity. If a small scratch causes rashes and outbreaks, chances are you have hypersensitive skin. If you do have sensitive skin, minimize the use of hydrogen peroxide and use neutralizing chemicals to lessen the effects of hydrogen peroxide.
7. Can hydrogen peroxide lighten skin? For starters, here is a quick hydrogen peroxide formula for skin whitening. This formula makes a suitable mask to get a lighter, more improved skin condition. The ingredients are as follows: 1 spoonful of milk, 2 spoons of hydrogen peroxide, 2 and a half spoons of flour, and a few drops of water to make paste.
8. The procedure is quite easy and the ingredients are generally available in a homemaker’s kitchen. Simply mix the ingredients and gradually add water to make a suitable paste. Simply apply generously to face and leave for about 10 to 15 minutes. Ten to 15 minutes is enough to let the mixture penetrate deep into the pores and kills bacteria. Moreover, the mixture is also a good exfoliant.
9. Wash your face afterwards and pat dry with a soft towel. Results can be seen in as little as a few weeks. Moreover, you skin will generally lighten a shade or two. You can also use direct application with hydrogen peroxide and lemon. Simply saturate a cotton ball with hydrogen peroxide and lemon mixture and apply to face. The combination yields a potent antioxidant and skin whitening can be seen in as little as a few weeks.
10. Hydrogen peroxide is a potent cleansing chemical. However, it can be irritating to the hypersensitive skin. It pays to assess first to what kind of skin you have. Then you can try hydrogen peroxide paste or try hydrogen peroxide with lemon mixture for faster results. Lighter skin can be achieved with constant use. However, overdoing it can cause irritation. Simply limit use according to the type of skin you have. Remember, lighter skin can be more sensitive. So if you see results, simply limit the use as it may gradually irritate your skin. Now, can hydrogen peroxide lighten skin? Yes it can.
Can Hydrogen Peroxide Lighten Skin, can hydrogen peroxide bleach your skin, hydrogen peroxide skin bleach, can hydrogen peroxide whiten skin, how to bleach your skin with hydrogen peroxide, can hydrogen peroxide whiten your skin