Can tretinoin cream lighten skin? What is tretinoin anyway? With the deluge of beauty products circulating online and in the market, it is hard to decipher which products are effective and which are plainly hoax. There are many groups of products that swore to lighten skin. There’s the “Kojic Group”, different brands that uses Eastern herbs to lighten skin. Then there’s the “Papaya Group” for papaya whitening. There’s the “Bleach Group” that has everything to do with bleach. There’s the “All-Natural Group” which uses basic home ingredients to lighten skin such as lemon, salt, and even rice water. Then there’s the “Pharmacologic Group” which plainly depends on the magic of medicine. Included in this group is a potent chemical known as Tretinoin.
Can tretinoin cream lighten skin? Here are 10 important facts you need to know about tretinoin.
1. What is tretinoin? Can tretinoin cream lighten skin? For starters, tretinoin is the acid form of vitamin A. Moreover, it is also known as all-trans retinoic acid or ATRA. The primary use of this acid is for the treatment of acne vulgaris and keratosis pilaris.
2. Tretinoin is either available in cream or gel although it may sometimes be available in the form of ointment. It takes a deep degree of patient in using this product since the effects may take long. The skin would turn red, flake, become dry but after a couple of weeks, or a few months, the effects are staggering. Clear white skin with 0 zits. The effect of tretinoin is a testament for those who want to try the product.
3. Can tretinoin cream lighten skin? What is the action of tretinoin when it comes to lightening skin? Tretinoin is also used in a variety of treatment regimens, treatments that are more complex than skin deep. The basic action of tretinoin in the body is gene expression, protein synthesis, and cell growth. When applied topically, in the form of a gel or cream, tretinoin stimulates epithelial cell growth and differentiation. What are epithelial cells? These are cells of the skin. What tretinoin does is increase the rate of cellular regeneration.
4. Although the primary use of tretinoin is for the treatment of acne vulgaris or excessive growth of pimples but with its action, it can also help in lightening the skin. It is a form of retinoid treatment and is also used in the treatment of photo-aging.
5. Can tretinoin cream lighten skin? The chemical also has promising results for other skin conditions such as stretch marks, scars, and hyperpigmentation by heightening collagen production in the dermis layer of the skin. Tretinoin, apart from any other products in market whether synthetic or natural, is the most potent and effective to all. Although the journey to softer, smoother skin takes long but the effects are unbelievably excellent.
6. With tretinoin, you can get the celebrity-like skin without invasive procedures or harsh chemical applications. However, there are certain precautions that users of tretinoin need to know while on the regimen.
7. Dryness is expected when using tretinoin. One might expect redness, scaling, itching and burning. However, all of these are normal for users of tretinoin. Can tretinoin cream lighten skin? Why is this happening? The skin is still adapting to the effects of medication. Moreover, before using this topical drug, users are advised to consult a dermatologist prior buying the product.
8. When under tretinoin therapy, it is best to avoid sunshine for a while. Tretinoin increases the risk of sunburn and leaves the skin hypersensitive to the sun. Moreover, the skin is highly sensitive for other procedures and chemicals as well. Use only hypoallergenic products when under tretinoin therapy.
9. Avoid bleaching, hair waxing, plucking, laser therapy or other procedures when under tretinoin therapy. If you shave, avoid applying the product to the area – that is if you prioritize shaving. Such procedures can easily irritate the skin. The skin is momentarily hypersensitive as it adapts to the effects of medication. Bleaching, exfoliation, waxing, can strip away skin leaving new skin cells sore and raw.
10. Tretinoin is good for the skin. However, patience is a virtue. Now, can tretinoin cream lighten skin? Yes, it does.
Incoming search keyphrases: Can Tretinoin Cream Lighten Skin, can Tretinoin Cream be used around the eyes, can Tretinoin Cream be used for acne, can Tretinoin Cream helps acne stretch mars, can Tretinoin Cream cause skin cancer