Can vitamin E lighten skin? Ever heard of Myra-E, Vita-E and other pharmacological brands ending with the letter “E” after a dash? These medications are vitamin E supplements taken orally to improve skin condition. Vitamin E does not necessarily need a prescription. Most users buy it solely for the purpose of improving skin condition. Vitamin E does not only whiten skin, it also makes skin smooth, soft and supple. Moreover, it does wonders for the skin. Worried about aging? Vitamin E also assists in that too. What are the benefits in taking vitamin E? What are the components of vitamin E? Can vitamin E lighten skin? Here are 10 important facts you need to know.
1. Vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin. In terms of fat soluble vitamin, it cannot be easily eliminated in the body unlike that of water soluble vitamins. Other fat soluble vitamins are vitamin A, D, and K. Vitamin E is primarily a fat vitamin and, from the name, gives fat and moisture to skin cells.
2. Vitamin E is available either in capsules or creams. However, it is proven that vitamin E can help skin glow, lighten and be vibrant. Can vitamin E lighten skin? Yes it does. Vitamin E cannot only lighten skin but it can moisturize it and give skin a healthy glow. Moreover, there are vitamin E night creams, supplements, moisturizers, lotions and a lot. Manufacturers have turned to vitamin E and found numerous of benefits it can do for the skin.
3. When it comes to medical facts, vitamin E has a lot of benefits. Can vitamin E lighten skin? How can vitamin E whiten skin? Vitamin E is basically an antioxidant. It acts as a peroxyl radical scavenger and looks for free radicals. It then manipulates such radicals that it returns to its reduced state. Moreover, it buries deep into skin cells and removes toxins from it and relieves cells from oxidative stress and damage.
4. Moreover, vitamin E encourages cellular healing. Toxins usually invade cells and with too much oxidative stress, the cells die. Meanwhile, with vitamin E as a potent antioxidant, it removes toxins giving cells time to recuperate and survive such oxidative attack.
5. Can vitamin E lighten skin? Vitamin E prevents skin aging. With cells at its optimum level to recuperate and heal, aging is not a serious matter to deal with. According to the book “Healing with Vitamins: the Most Effective Vitamin and Mineral Treatments for Everyday Health Problems and Serious Disease” vitamin E is one of the promising vitamins that prevent skin aging and, of course, the appearance of wrinkles.
6. How can vitamin E prevent wrinkles? Vitamin E prevents it by blocking free radical damage. Not only does it rid the cells of toxins, but it also prevents any damage done by free radicals.
7. Furthermore, vitamin E encourages the production of collagen, a connective tissue that helps skin be elastic. Elasticity is important to prevent the appearance of wrinkles. To add, vitamin E also support new skin cell growth and cellular regeneration.
8. Can vitamin E lighten skin? How can vitamin E lighten skin? The presence of free radicals can make the skin look dark and unhealthy. However, when free radicals are at bay, the skin can regenerate new cells that are lighter and healthier.
9. There are numerous of ways to apply vitamin E. It can be taken orally or applied as a cream. Capsules can be punctured and the oil be used as a topical application. The ways are endless.
10. Vitamin E is a healthy way to lighten skin. When it comes to dosage and frequency, vitamin E is an over the counter medication and is limited to a few IU a day. Women need about 22.5 IU a day. However, apart from the capsule version, vitamin E can be also obtained from liver, yams, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, mustard greens and vegetable oil. Simply remember that the recommended daily intake of vitamin E is 20 IU and vitamin E supplementation should not exceed 1,500 IU. It is dangerous to overdose in vitamin E since it is a fat soluble vitamin. Fat soluble vitamins are hard to excrete from the body. For safe usage, try asking your doctor. Vitamin E is essentially safe but there are limits too.
Now, can vitamin E lighten skin? It definitely does.